More than one person can use the same Theradome device, however, the system will count the total number of uses for everyone. It cannot differentiate between users.
To determine how many treatments have been completed, follow these steps:
1. Please press the Master Switch once briefly. You should hear a voice response “Ready for treatment, place on head”.
2. Place helmet on head, or cover proximity sensors with hand so lasers turn on. Helmet should respond with “Treatment # XX started” You should now know how many treatments have been completed.
3. You can now leave your helmet alone and it will turn off after ~5min, or press the Master Switch down until you hear response “Treatment aborted”.
Feelings of scalp tightening may occur and are the result of the scalp responding favorably to increased blood flow– it’s a good thing!
The Theradome is lightweight (less than 16oz) and operates with no cords, cables, or remotes. It’s hands-free and we provide foam pads for additional comfort. You can relax while the Theradome is working hard to restore your hair.
If you purchased Theradome on our website since January of 2016 or from Costco, your helmet has been automatically registered.
If you purchased your Theradome from an authorized reseller or Amazon, to be eligible for the 1-year manufacturer’s warranty, you will need to register your Theradome product.
- Go to this page to create an account: https://portal.theradome.com/web/signup
- Fill out all the fields and submit
- Once you submit, it will take you to your page that says Your document and it will have your information on top
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Register your helmet”
- You should be on the “Warranty Registration” page now
- Fill out your serial number with no spaces (Serial numbers are case sensitive)
- Then it will ask you the purchase date and where you purchased it from
- Then click on Register and it should complete your registration
If you already have an account, please start from here: https://portal.theradome.com/web/login
Then please follow the steps from step 5 above
Theradome covers 582 square centimetres of scalp. Theradome VL680 lasers each have an output of 560 milliwatts (mW). Each laser illuminates the scalp with a light intensity of 7 J/cm2. This is sufficient to penetrate 3 to 5 mm into the scalp to the base of the hair follicles.
The Theradome initially stimulates hair follicles directly reached and treated by laser light with a 20-minute session. After several treatments, the beneficiary effects of laser light spread to other near-by problematic areas such as the temples, sides, and back of the head. So although laser hair therapy initially has a localized effect on the scalp, you’ll still experience hair growth in areas that are just outside of the Theradome’s reach. These areas will take a little longer to start growing in.
The helmet is already loaded with all the software needed to use the helmet. No additional software needs to be installed.
Our helmets are FDA cleared for males and females aged 18 years and older.
It’s important to take before and after pictures when tracking the progress of your laser helmet treatments.
For best results, maintain consistency in positioning, lighting, and camera angle for all photos. Avoid using the camera’s flash or fluorescent lighting. Set the camera to autofocus and have a friend or loved one take the picture – no selfies!
Hair should be styled in the same way while documenting your progress and you should check photos for clarity and focus before concluding a photo session. Learn more here.
You can use Theradome at at any time. Use your Theradome when your hair is damp to maximize laser phototherapy treatment. It should not be wet and be towel-dried (not blow-dried) right after a shower. This isolates thinning areas on your scalp by combing and exposing those areas that might not be accessible when dry. Exposing those areas of your scalp will provide more light and dosage to those areas. You do not need to wet your hair every time. Also, we recommend your hair being damp versus wet since this is an electronic device and excess water could get into the electronics as our helmet is not water proof. Therefore, removing excess water from your hair will reduce the risk of electrical issues with your device.
Please read our blog about SHOULD YOUR HAIR BE WET, DAMP, OR DRY